Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Employer change in EB1b (employer sponsored I-140)

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Employer change in EB1b (employer sponsored I-140)

    My I-140 (EB1b-outstanding researcher) was sponsored by my university and has been approved. I self-filed my I-485 (mid-october 2011) and my current status is that I have got my EAD card (mid-dec 2011). I understand that my I-140 was based on a permanent position at the university; however, can I switch jobs from my university to a corporate firm after I receive my GC? If so, can I switch the very next day I get my GC or is there a time period I should wait before switching? The new jobs will be in a similar position as my current designation.

    Thanks in advance.

  • #2
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

    Visa and Greencard Tracker

    Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.