Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on retaining the validity mother's green card

Hi All,

My mother holds a Green Card since 2009 and lives in Mumbai, India with me. To sustain her Green Card status she has been travelling to US every year since then and lives at my sister's house (US Citizen). However this year, she was seriously ill and had to be hospitalised in April. Though she is recuperating now
    I do not think she will be travelling anytime soon as she will be unable to sustain the fatigue of the travel to US.

What steps and procedures need to be taken, so that she can maintain the validity of her Green Card? Please advise.

Moreover, is there a USCIS number I could call up to get my query clarified. The numbers provided for queries are notoriously unhelpful.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Best Regards

Originally posted by jaydeepdeshmukh2012 View Post
    Hi All,

My mother holds a Green Card since 2009 and lives in Mumbai, India with me. To sustain her Green Card status she has been travelling to US every year since then and lives at my sister's house (US Citizen). However this year, she was seriously ill and had to be hospitalised in April. Though she is recuperating now
    I do not think she will be travelling anytime soon as she will be unable to sustain the fatigue of the travel to US.

What steps and procedures need to be taken, so that she can maintain the validity of her Green Card? Please advise.

Moreover, is there a USCIS number I could call up to get my query clarified. The numbers provided for queries are notoriously unhelpful.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Best Regards
    Read the section on Returning Resident Visa : https://www.immihelp.com/returning-r...ncard-holders/
    "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

F3 Watch List for active members

aaydrian = June 7, 2002
    dsz = Sep 3, 2002 / rupen = Sep 22, 2002 / mtouch = Sep 24, 2002
    S&MN = Oct 23, 2002/ taz70 = Nov 2, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
    Feb2003 = 2/11/2003/clearvision=2/23/2003
    diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
    Puddy = April 2003
    hfsitumo2001 = May 22, 2003 / tabby = May 19, 2003
    Imran123 = Aug 2003
    butter = Nov 23, 2003