Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC thru marriage outside of US

Hello,

I am American and am applying for a green-card for my Israeli husband. I have lived with him in Israel for 7 years. We have decided to move to the US and are preparing the forms. We filled out the I-130 and the G-325A for each of us. Is there anything else we need to do? Or do we just send these forms together to the Chicago lockbox? (No consular processing in Israel) What happens after that and how long should it take? Will they notify us by mail? Most of the posts I read are by people already in the US. I am very anxious to go back, but we need to wait for his greencard first. We have a son, but I got him citizenship at birth, by filing a consular report of birth.

Thank you.

Originally posted by imaleh515 View Post
    Hello,

I am American and am applying for a green-card for my Israeli husband. I have lived with him in Israel for 7 years. We have decided to move to the US and are preparing the forms. We filled out the I-130 and the G-325A for each of us. Is there anything else we need to do? Or do we just send these forms together to the Chicago lockbox? (No consular processing in Israel) What happens after that and how long should it take? Will they notify us by mail? Most of the posts I read are by people already in the US. I am very anxious to go back, but we need to wait for his greencard first. We have a son, but I got him citizenship at birth, by filing a consular report of birth.

Thank you.
    Since you can't do DCF I'm not sure what you should do. The wait is about 1 year from start to finish (on average). Most folks doing the filing themselves get updated on what's been approved, what you need to do, what documents are needed etc through email. You will need to show intent to domicile in the US which means that they need proof you are moving back to the US eg by providing evidence of a lease/mortgage, letter of employment, enrolling in school (parents and or kid(s)) etc.
    F3
    My priority date - June 7, 2002

F3 Watch List for active members

Feb2003/Clearvision = February 2003 - GOOD LUCK!
    diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
    Puddy = April 2003
    hfsitumo2001 = May 05, 2003
    butter = November 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
    krish_84 = November 2004
    zaga14 = = November 8, 2004

Comment

GC thru marriage outside of US

Wow. One year is a long time! I thought it was automatic for spouses, especially because we have a kid together. I can't really buy a house or get a job in the US when we live on the other side of the world. Is there some kind of work visa we can get for my husband and then we can carry out the process from within the US?
      Does anyone else know if it really takes a year? Or if we filed the right forms?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X