Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 questions!

Hi

I (petitioner) am filling out an I-864 for my mom. I don’t work butI have a joint sponsor whose income is sufficient to sponsor my mom. I have some questions:

1- On part 6(sponsor’s income and emplyment), I have never worked in my life so I know I have to check box d, but what do I write as being unemployed from what date?
    2- On question 23, should I type my annual income as 0 or should I just leave it blank?
    3- For 24b and 24c, I’m not getting any help from anyone in my family inculding my husband, should I put 0 for both 24 b and c?
    4- For part 7, I am not using any of these resources, so should I leave these field blank?
    5- Will it a be a problem that I don’t show any money to support my mom when it comes to my mom’s interview at the consulate ? or should it be ok giving that I have a joint sponsor?

Thank you very much for answering,

I-864 questions!

As a general and smart rule, make sure to completely fill out your form I-864 & attach the necessary/required documents/proof applicable to you specifically, without leaving any field/area blank allowing the IO to assume that you might have missed those items and send it back to you for correction. If an item does not apply to you, it's better to write "N/A", or "NONE", if that's the best answer.

Here are the responses to your concerns:

Hi

I (petitioner) am filling out an I-864 for my mom. I don’t work butI have a joint sponsor whose income is sufficient to sponsor my mom. I have some questions:

1- On part 6(sponsor’s income and emplyment), I have never worked in my life so I know I have to check box d, but what do I write as being unemployed from what date?

Answer: NEVER BEEN EMPLOYED BEFORE

2- On question 23, should I type my annual income as 0 or should I just leave it blank?

Answer: Yes, your annual income is "0", so write "0".

3- For 24b and 24c, I’m not getting any help from anyone in my family inculding my husband, should I put 0 for both 24 b and c?

Answer: Yes, put "0" there.

4- For part 7, I am not using any of these resources, so should I leave these field blank?

Answer: write "NONE" in first available empty space at that item/area.

5- Will it a be a problem that I don’t show any money to support my mom when it comes to my mom’s interview at the consulate ? or should it be ok giving that I have a joint sponsor?

Answer: Your mom shouldn't have a problem at the Consulate/Embassy during the interview because you personally don't have any income and or resources available at her disposal.
    That's why by law they request for an joint sponsor in order to meet or qualify for that section of immigration law and because you already have a joint sponsor/household member (in the person of your husband) who's willing to fully complete an AOS for her and attach all the necessary documents, your mom is not likely to become a public charge (burden to the US government as far as her welfare) per US immigration law.

Visit the links below for more info on the form I-864:

Hope, the above info helps. Good luck.

Comment

Hi friends,
      My case is almost same as above mentiond. I am a LPR, got my green card in November, 2011, currently lives in NY, USA. I filed I-130 petition for my husband which is approved in August, 2012. I have a eight months old baby, born in USA. I am a house wife and can not do work (job) due to my child.

My question is about "Affidavit of Support, I-864" that,

1- Am i still sponsor of my husband I-130 petition?
      2- Shall i file affidavit of support I-864 form with zero income in past & future?
      3- If i have a joint sponsor in my case, then my zero income will matter in I-130 petition?

Thanks for response...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X