petition status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petition status

If someone was a permanent resident and recently became a citizen.....what becomes of the relative he or she applied for . Please note that the relative got married before she was a citizen. Also his priority date was current before he was married and is still current........ yeah a real bummer I know

It is confusing here; please be clearer as to who is the US citizen, "he"or "she"
    and what realtionship are we talking about here?

Comment

ok my mother was a permanent resident turned citizen and she had petitioned for me since Oct 1998. However since 1998 I have gotten married and as said above my mother is a citizen now. What possible choices do I have? Also my priority date has been current a while now.

Comment

Ok, from what I understand , she petitioned for you under F2B category.
        (unmarried sons/daughters of PRs). Well, you should not qualify for this since
        you are married now. I suggest you consult an attorney in this regard.

Another option; If you do not qualify any more for the old petition due to
        your marital status, your mother could file a new petition for you under F3
        (married sons and daughters of US citizens and their spouses/children ) which will include your spouse and children too(if any). Going by the visa bulletin
        it will take another 7 years(more for mexico and phillip.)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X