Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address on english translation of nikahnama

Greetings Everyone

I am currently a US citizen. Originally I am from India. I recently got married and now I am sponsoring visa for my wife. Going through the USCIS website, I noticed that there has to be ENGLISH translation of NIKAHNAMA.

My question is when I do the ENGLISH TRANSLATION of NIKAHNAMA, should I use my local INDIAN ADDRESS or my current USA ADDRESS on that translation. During the Nikah ceremony my local Indian Address was used as the marriage took place in India. So i am actually confused as to what address should I use. I also would like to mention that I don't have any proof of my local Indian address as I have been living in USA for the last 5 years.

I would highly appreciate if anyone could help me with this.

Thanks

Originally posted by wajid shafi View Post
    Greetings Everyone

I am currently a US citizen. Originally I am from India. I recently got married and now I am sponsoring visa for my wife. Going through the USCIS website, I noticed that there has to be ENGLISH translation of NIKAHNAMA.

My question is when I do the ENGLISH TRANSLATION of NIKAHNAMA, should I use my local INDIAN ADDRESS or my current USA ADDRESS on that translation. During the Nikah ceremony my local Indian Address was used as the marriage took place in India. So i am actually confused as to what address should I use. I also would like to mention that I don't have any proof of my local Indian address as I have been living in USA for the last 5 years.

I would highly appreciate if anyone could help me with this.

Thanks
    You can use local Indian address but mention "temporary address while visiting the country" and also note permanent address on the document. Congratulations on your marriage!!!

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply and also for wishing me. Please elaborate when you say “"temporary address while visiting the country"…..i didn’t get this part.
      Will it be ok if I put my local address on nikah nama and mention at the same time my current US address like below.
      Wajid Shafi
      C/O Mohammad Shafi
      Patel Nagar, New Delhi, India, 110008
      Presently Staying at
      1153 Fredericksburg Virginia, 22401, USA

Please let me know if that's all right.

Thanks once again

Comment

You need to get it translated exactly how it is written in foreign language. No changes and no other notes.

It does not matter what your address was or currently is. That has nothing to do with translation.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I was wondering if you happen to have any format for English translation that I can use as a template or at least provide me information as where to find it.

Thanks

Comment

Look at the bottom of https://www.immihelp.com/marriage-ce...a-immigration/
            Immihelp Support
            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Yes, You have to translate it exactly how it is written in a foreign language. You can use any address your Local Indian or US address.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X