Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misspelled parents last name in birth certificate

Hello Everyone,

Going to file GC for parents (am US citizen) . the last name of both my parents is misspelled on my birth certificate.
    i.e. - its spelled as AGRAWAL , whereas all other documents like my passport, parents's passport , their marriage certificate has it as - AGARWAL . the letter "A" is in the wrong place.

would this create any issues. any help in this matter is greatly appreciated. thank you.

Originally posted by Vayu30 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Going to file GC for parents (am US citizen) . the last name of both my parents is misspelled on my birth certificate.
    i.e. - its spelled as AGRAWAL , whereas all other documents like my passport, parents's passport , their marriage certificate has it as - AGARWAL . the letter "A" is in the wrong place.

would this create any issues. any help in this matter is greatly appreciated. thank you.
    I am in the same boat. Please tell if you got any info on this.
    My parents spell their last name as AGARWAL and I spell my last name as AGRAWAL.
    Years ago, when I filed for my green card, I didn't have a birth certificate and both my parents sent an affidavit saying I was born to them. They spelled their name as AGARWAL or that, and mine also as AGARWAL haha, and it was accepted by the USCIS.

Comment

Originally posted by alwayswin View Post
      I am in the same boat. Please tell if you got any info on this.
      My parents spell their last name as AGARWAL and I spell my last name as AGRAWAL.
      Years ago, when I filed for my green card, I didn't have a birth certificate and both my parents sent an affidavit saying I was born to them. They spelled their name as AGARWAL or that, and mine also as AGARWAL haha, and it was accepted by the USCIS.
      I also have different names of my mother of my B.C and her passport. B.L. vs V.L.B ( part of first name missing and last name used first as its customary in india
      I am planning to either get a new B.C for myself if its possible or get court order saying both same, not sure which is better idea

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X