Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have green card. How to bring my wife from India to U.S.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have green card. How to bring my wife from India to U.S.?

Dear all,

I'm sure you've heard this question a million times. But I'm hopeful that there are a lot of helping hands out there. I would certainly appreciate your response.

I have a green card, and I'm not eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship for two more years. I married recently, and my wife is in India. As you might have guessed, I want to bring her to the U.S. I've heard about I-130, spouse greencard, etc. Here is my question.
    1. What is the "quickest and surest" option?
    2. Do you know of any other better options?
    All I want is to get my wife into the U.S. as quickly as possible, so that we can start living our married life. I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks a lot for reading.

Re: I have green card. How to bring my wife from India to U

bring her here as a student. Maintain her status till such time as you get your citizenship. There is no waiting period for her then. You can then file an AOS. Alternately she can try for an H1. However, remember that Students Visa should show no intention to migrate! So potentially her student visa could be rejected. No harm in trying. Lastly you don't have to wait till you complete 5 years, you can apply for citizenship earlier (to account for processing time).
    I am not an attorney.

Comment

Spouse Greencard

My husband is here on H1 for 4 years. I'm a green card holder. Can he file for AOS based on my status or he has to wait till I become a citizen or should he start green card processing through his employer. What's the best option.

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Re: Spouse Greencard

You can file a I-130 for him under F2A and get the petition approved. Upon your USC, you can upgrade the petition to that of immediate relative

PS I am not an attorney

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X