Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 longer than normal processing time

Hello Everyone,

This is the first post that I am creating hoping to get some insight based on everyone's experience going through this stressful process

I am a US Citizen. I got married last year in India on May 28, 2018. Upon my return to the US, I filed I-130 application for my wife and the receipt date for this application is June 13, 2018. Our application went to the Nebraska Service Center and based on the dates https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ website, for I130 for Nebraska Service Center, the date is listed as July 6, 2018, almost one month after my submission date of June 13.

And we have still not heard back whether I-130 was approved or not. I had submitted a request for 'longer than normal processing times' but the response I got was just a generic that "your case
    is in line to be reviewed by an officer. We ask that you allow additional time for this process to take place since we process these cases in the order received"

Not sure what others' experiences have been, but would love to hear from others who have submitted around the same time and whether they have heard back or not.

Wife and I are pretty stressed, and any kind of information would be helpful.

Thanks!

I see many views, but no answer? Any guidance? Anyone who has gone through this process recently? Or any suggestions in general to get an answer from USCIS?
    Is there any point in visiting the local USCIS office and asking them for an update?

Comment

I am a US citizen and filed an I-130 for my wife in Nov 2017. We live in Los Angeles. Had an interview in Oct 2018. Had not heard anything after that. It was also "outside the normal processing time" so I made an inquiry and got basically the same response as you did. So, we sought help from my local US Congressperson a month ago. Got a letter from Immigration today setting up a second interview. I don't know whether that's good or bad. Anyway you can ask assistance from your Federal legislator.
      P.S. I passed the 2nd interview and got I-130 approved.
      Last edited by hzmonte; 05-31-2019, 03:37 AM.

Comment

I filled I-130 for immediate relatives ( my parents ) in June 2018 Nebraska center and the case is still pending. I also sent an inquiry and got the same response you got. I will try to get assistance from the federal legislator.

Comment

Originally posted by jjack0310 View Post
          Hello Everyone,

This is the first post that I am creating hoping to get some insight based on everyone's experience going through this stressful process

I am a US Citizen. I got married last year in India on May 28, 2018. Upon my return to the US, I filed I-130 application for my wife and the receipt date for this application is June 13, 2018. Our application went to the Nebraska Service Center and based on the dates https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ website, for I130 for Nebraska Service Center, the date is listed as July 6, 2018, almost one month after my submission date of June 13.

And we have still not heard back whether I-130 was approved or not. I had submitted a request for 'longer than normal processing times' but the response I got was just a generic that "your case
          is in line to be reviewed by an officer. We ask that you allow additional time for this process to take place since we process these cases in the order received"

Not sure what others' experiences have been, but would love to hear from others who have submitted around the same time and whether they have heard back or not.

Wife and I are pretty stressed, and any kind of information would be helpful.

Thanks!
          I have my application sent in this year, Feb 2019, and it seems now it is gonna take 8 - 10.5 months for the I130. The process is getting more delayed as I read some articles online. I hoped you hear back your application soon.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X