Follow to join option in the visa creation email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow to join option in the visa creation email

I submitted the I130 petition for my younger sister in 2005. She was single back then and now married and have a 7 year old girl, living in Hong Kong.

The priority date became current and I received the Notice of Immigrant Visa Case Creation a few month ago.

While my sister can accompany the child to come over once the visas are issued so the child can go to school here as soon as possible (all about the kid),
    her husband wants to stay behind for job and his parents for at least 3 years.

I have to add the applicants in the case by providing the marriage certificate and birth certificate of the child.
    Then they will ask "accompanying the principal beneficiary" or "Follow to join". So for the child, I will put "accompanying the principal beneficiary".

Assumed that her husband doesn't want to get the permanent residence now due to his job and don't want to get the travel documents coming back and forth,
    do I select "follow to join"?

Does choosing "follow to join" mean my sister can file the "follow to join" petition so he can come within several months once he is ready, provided that my sister is still a permanent resident?
    What happen if the "follow to join" option is selected?

I am not even sure if this "follow to join" option can be used for the situation like mine. So any suggestions or experience is welcome!
    Last edited by sheilangus; 04-19-2019, 08:08 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X