f2b Visa Complicated situation Pleas Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f2b Visa Complicated situation Pleas Help

My father applied for me in f2b category. He is a green card holder right now. priority date is 2016 . now 1 year ago i got married to a girl in Islamic way without letting my family know but didnt registry anything according to the country law .As she was 14 according to her birth certificate (though her real age is above 18). So basically in my country , The rule is u cant get married before 18. But in Islamic way u can . so did I. so there is no record in my country that im married. plus my wife is not adult to be married according to her birth certificate. will I be considered as married??? if yes. then I cant even show documents that i am married to in my country, The rule is u cant get married before 18. Should i keep my status as unmarried or what should i do?. Very confused.

I am assuming that you want to bring your wife in the U.S as well. If so, you will need proof that you guys are married, you will have to show marriage certificate. If you are submitting more documents now and you are not registered as married you will have to say Unmarried.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexMKD View Post
      I am assuming that you want to bring your wife in the U.S as well. If so, you will need proof that you guys are married, you will have to show marriage certificate. If you are submitting more documents now and you are not registered as married you will have to say Unmarried.
      F2B is only for unmarried children of permanent residents, and if they marry before immigrating, the petition is void as there is no category for married children of permanent residents.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X