Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Card for parents - Consular processing or adjustment of status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card for parents - Consular processing or adjustment of status?

I am planning to file for my parents' green card. They are based in India and are 70 plus. I want to find out if it is recommended to file when they visit me here in the US or if I should initiate the process from India itself. From what I have heard, the process is simpler if filed from the US, but is now taking upto 10 months or more, and during that time parents are not able to go back to India or travel. I would like to know what have been some recent experiences with people in similar situation for processing through adjustment of status (when parents are in the US) vs. consular processing (when they are in India), including processing times.

It is better to process when they are in US. I filed green card for my mom and received it less than 6 months. Make sure you have all the documents when you are filing.

Comment

Originally posted by rags@459 View Post
      I am planning to file for my parents' green card. They are based in India and are 70 plus. I want to find out if it is recommended to file when they visit me here in the US or if I should initiate the process from India itself. From what I have heard, the process is simpler if filed from the US, but is now taking upto 10 months or more, and during that time parents are not able to go back to India or travel. I would like to know what have been some recent experiences with people in similar situation for processing through adjustment of status (when parents are in the US) vs. consular processing (when they are in India), including processing times.
      Hello I am in the same boat and interested to know from recent experiences if I should do an Adjustment of status or do consular processing. Please advise. I am based in North Carolina if that matters.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X