X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newacct
    replied
    Originally posted by tonyc001 View Post
    Hello - I am a US Citizen applying for mothers Green Card. My father passed away earlier this year. Thereafter we applied for her Tourist visa at New Delhi embassy as want to bring her to USA as nobody is there with her. She was denied Tourist visa twice at Delhi Embassy and we have been told our chances of getting the Tourist visa are now negligible. I need help and requesting clarifications. As a Petitioner (son) I am enclosing the following documents with the Application :

1) I-130 Completed

2) Certificate of Naturalization

3) Passport Copy

4) Birth Certificate that has my mothers name

5) Fees of US $535 made to Department of Homeland Security.

6) Copy of my mothers passport

7) Copy of her Expired Visa from 1997 which is asked as part of Form

8- Her Aadhar Card and PAN Card and a school certificate showing her date of birth

Here are my questions:

a) Do I need to include I-864 (Affidavit of Support) to be included with application or that comes at a later stage?

b) Do I need to include my paystubs from US Job along with my Income Tax Returns with the application?

c) How long is this taking for Parents GC CP these days ?

d) I don't have her birth certificate and marriage certificate - are those required for any reasons?

e) Is there anything else I should include that I may be missing above in the list?

f) How long is it taking to get through CP these days for parent?

Appreciate quick responses and help to these questions.

Regards

Tony
    a) No, later stage
    b) No, later stage with I-864
    c) The petition takes a few months, and the CP will also take a few months, for maybe a year or so total, but it varies a lot by consulate
    d) Her birth certificate is needed at a later stage. Marriage certificate is not needed for a mother (only needed for a father).

Leave a comment:

• sushe571
    replied
    tony, below are my answers for your questions:

a) Do I need to include I-864 (Affidavit of Support) to be included with application or that comes at a later stage? - include with the application, that is what I did for my mother application.

b) Do I need to include my paystubs from US Job along with my Income Tax Returns with the application? - I included 3 months of pay stubs along with my tax returns.

c) How long is this taking for Parents GC CP these days? - Took less than 6 months.

d) I don't have her birth certificate and marriage certificate - are those required for any reasons? - yes, they do need her birth certificate and marriage certificate. I submitted those.

e) Is there anything else I should include that I may be missing above in the list? - I think you covered it all, but please make sure you go through the website.

f) How long is it taking to get through CP these days for parent? - I don't know about CP these days. You might need to check this group.

Leave a comment:

• tonyc001
    started a topic Mothers Green Card Application C. Processing

Mothers Green Card Application C. Processing

Hello - I am a US Citizen applying for mothers Green Card. My father passed away earlier this year. Thereafter we applied for her Tourist visa at New Delhi embassy as want to bring her to USA as nobody is there with her. She was denied Tourist visa twice at Delhi Embassy and we have been told our chances of getting the Tourist visa are now negligible. I need help and requesting clarifications. As a Petitioner (son) I am enclosing the following documents with the Application :

1) I-130 Completed

2) Certificate of Naturalization

3) Passport Copy

4) Birth Certificate that has my mothers name

5) Fees of US $535 made to Department of Homeland Security.

6) Copy of my mothers passport

7) Copy of her Expired Visa from 1997 which is asked as part of Form

8- Her Aadhar Card and PAN Card and a school certificate showing her date of birth

Here are my questions:

a) Do I need to include I-864 (Affidavit of Support) to be included with application or that comes at a later stage?

b) Do I need to include my paystubs from US Job along with my Income Tax Returns with the application?

c) How long is this taking for Parents GC CP these days ?

d) I don't have her birth certificate and marriage certificate - are those required for any reasons?

e) Is there anything else I should include that I may be missing above in the list?

f) How long is it taking to get through CP these days for parent?

Appreciate quick responses and help to these questions.

Regards

Tony

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X