received 221g white slip due to I864 improperly filled out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• received 221g white slip due to I864 improperly filled out

After my family member completed his interview, he was given form 221g white slip ask for I864 and I 864A. The I864 and I864A presented during the interview were rejected. We followed up with the Embassy and they said the forms were improperly filled out and we need to make correction and mail back to them. We are not sure what parts were improperly filled out. We are guessing that 1e should have been filled out as 1a. However, we don't know if there are other issues. Does anyone know how many chances we get from the embassy to resubmit the form for correction?

Consider yourself lucky that they're giving you a second chance to fix the error. You must resubmit all the proper I-864 documents they're requesting. Be sure to have everything properly filled out, supporting evidence attached (e.g. tax returns), make sure the "household size" is correct and be sure to have up-to-date information (e.g. the latest addresses, employers, etc.). You're free to email the consulate if you're confused regarding the exact reason the I864 was rejected. Although I highly doubt they'll get that detailed. Normally, they give a generic response. But it's still your duty to make sure you produce what they're looking for.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X