Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need information related to family based GC sponsor

Hi All,

My father-in-law is USA citizen and he would like to sponsor GC for my wife(daughter) and for me who is staying in USA holding H1-B visa. I have few questions to clarify,

1. If my father-in-law sponsors GC, Can i still continue to work without any issues with my current H1-b.
    2. Any idea about the process involved as well as want to know if there any drawbacks in over all process or visa eligibility for me.
    3. An idea on how soon this process will be completed.

Anyone who has gone through the same scenario, please share your experience as well.

1. yes
    2,3. He files I-130 for your wife. Married child of US citizen is in the F3 category with a wait of visa numbers of around 12 years (much longer for people born in Mexico or the Philippines). That means she must wait that many years after the I-130 is filed before she can do either AOS in the US, if she is in the US and in status at that time, or Consular Processing abroad, otherwise. When she immigrates, her spouse (you if you are still married at that time) and her unmarried under-21 children as of that time can immigrate together as her derivative beneficiaries.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X