Affidavit of Support for my siblings in Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit of Support for my siblings in Jamaica

I petition for 3 of my siblings 13 years ago and finally got response from NVC..Yeah!. I would like help with the how to do the affidavit of support, do I need 3 or more joint sponsors? 1st sister has 1 husband and 4 children, 2nd sister has 3 children and 1 brother no children. I am in need of help and how to proceed. Please help in anyway possible. Thanks in advance.

Why is a joint sponsor needed? Is your own household income insufficient?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

the Affidavit of Support is based on the number of immigrating family members. Your siblings and their spouses and children will all need to be supported individually. What is your total household size? based on that, you will decide if you need a joint sponsor (or how many) and whether your income is enough.
      --Good luck--
      Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

[QUOTE=newacct;n717837]Why is a joint sponsor needed? Is your own household income insufficient? I don't think my income is enough to sponsor all of them.

Comment

[QUOTE=PKumar01;n717850]the Affidavit of Support is based on the number of immigrating family members. Your siblings and their spouses and children will all need to be supported individually. What is your total household size? based on that, you will decide if you need a joint sponsor (or how many) and whether your income is enough. My household size is 3 and I don't think my income is enough to sponsor all of them as it will be 12 of them to come to US, so I need separate affidavit of support for each person?. Thanks for your response.

Comment

Each family will need a separate I-864, since they are on separate I-130 petitions.

Technically, in the current I-864 form, if all the siblings are immigrating at the same time, the I-864 for each sibling would not count the other siblings' families in the household size, because the immigrants in Part 3 does not count immigrants from other petitions, and Part 5 #6 only counts other people sponsored on I-864s if they have become permanent residents. So other siblings' families immigrating at the same time, who haven't become permanent residents at the time you fill out the I-864 yet, do not need to be counted. So your income might be enough.

But in the draft of the future version of the I-864, they will count people sponsored on I-864s even if they have not already become permanent residents.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X