Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I apply for citizenship while my I-751 is in process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I apply for citizenship while my I-751 is in process?

Hello everyone,

I received my green card conditional permanent resident in January 2017 and I applied a year ago for the I-751 to remove the conditions. January 2020 it's been 3 years since I received the green card and my I-751 still in process. Can I apply for citizenship?

Thank you!

Yes. That might speed up your I-751.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you! I became a US Permanent resident when I was 26. But I haven't registered to the selective service. Do I still need to register in order to file for N-400?

Comment

Originally posted by aharongoldi View Post
        Thank you! I became a US Permanent resident when I was 26. But I haven't registered to the selective service. Do I still need to register in order to file for N-400?
        No, the Selective Service does not accept registrations from people after they have turned 26. Were you ever in the US in other than nonimmigrant status between your 18th and 26th birthdays (including time when you were out of status and/or had a pending application)? If not, you never had to register. If yes, you had to register, but your failure to register does not affect your ability to naturalize now.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X