Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need to file anything after entering US on the immigrant visa to get Green Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to file anything after entering US on the immigrant visa to get Green Card?

My mom used to reside in Belarus. I'm a US citizen. I completed the I-130 path for her, she got approved, received the immigrant visa and came into the US.
    I paid USCIS fee ($250) a week before she arrived and assumed that that was the last step required to get the green card mailed to our address.
    We received the SSN card about two after she arrived.
    It's now been almost 3 months now and we have note yet received the green card.

Questions:
    1. Do I need to file any additional forms to request the green card?
    2. Should I start worrying about here green card being stuck short of the official 120 days time-frame?

Thanks!

I don't recall having to fill out anything extra to get the GC sent. Since you're only at the 90 mark, and there are 30 days left before the 120 day timeline, I would just wait a little bit more.
    It's possible it could be on it's way now.
    Sept 6, 2014: Married
    March 13, 2015: file I-130
    June 18, 2015: RFE
    Aug 24, 2015: I-130 approved
    Aug 25, 2015: IV paid
    Oct 27, 2015: DS-260 submitted
    Nov 24, 2015: Documents sent to NVC
    Dec 1, 2015: NVC receives documents
    Jan 11, 2016: RFE sent by NVC
    Feb 27, 2016: Packet 4 received
    Apr 11, 2016: Medical in Montreal, QC
    Apr 15, 2016: US Consulate in Montreal (APPROVED)
    Apr 21, 2016: Pick up Passport with Visa, and IV Package

Comment

same here. still waiting.

Comment

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/consular-processing.. look into this site.. it gives full information

Comment

If you have paid the USCIS Immigrant Fee, you will receive your Green Card in the mail after you arrive in the United States. If you do not receive your Green Card within 45 days of your arrival, please call our USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283.

If you did not pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee before you arrived in the United States, you will need to pay the fee before USCIS will send you a Green Card.

Comment

can you tell me how long it took for the Green card processing?

Comment

Hi there,

No other paperwork is needed. I had the same case with my mother and father. I paid the immigration fee on Oct. 6, 2019 before they enter the U.S. They received their social through the mail in 5 days and they mailed their Green Card the 6th of January 2020 and we received it the 9th of January. As long as it is within the 120 days, you are good. So, I will say just wait it is probably on its way. Hope that is helpful.

Comment

You are lucky. We are the parents. Paid fee on 12 Oct, entered US on 16 Oct , received Social security in 4 days but no GC received in mail after 100 days.

Comment

Did you get any email informing you about despatch of the green card. How to know if it is not misplaced or delivered elsewhere. Our address is correct, we received social security card fast

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X