Green card for parents with public charge rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card for parents with public charge rule

I was planning to apply GC for my parents , we were planning to apply for them in May 2020 however by that time public charge rule will be in effect, is anyone in the same boat and has any knowledge of what changes would this introduce for parents/elderly visa. Also can anyone suggest a good immigration lawyer around NJ for this purpose as well.

I am on the same boat. I am in MO. Did you find some information on this?

Comment

there really isn't a major change to the rule for public charge. It's simply a reaffirmation that officers can use a variety of subjective thinking to determine whether your case's totality of circumstances is enough for approval. If you were eligible before the public charge revision, then most likely you'll be approved afterward, too. the real difference is the addition of some non-cash benefits added as a "negative factor".
      --Good luck--
      Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Potentially problematic things in the new rule for elderly parents include the fact that under the new rule, age over 61 is a negative factor, poor health is a negative factor, lack of English proficiency is a negative factor, and income below 125% of the poverty level is a negative factor. It's hard to tell at this point how much harder it will become.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X