Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-number changed

Hello everyone,

I am freaking out a bit here so please tell me if anyone has gone through this or something similar:

I was current under OPT on a F-1 visa and had my EAD card and a A-number because of that. I applied to change status through marriage with US citizen and when I received the Form I-797C - Receipt notice I saw that USCIS changed my A-number and assigmend me a completely new A-number. My old A-number is not mentioned anywhere. Is this an error or common practice because I am changing from non-migrant to immigrant category?

Thank you a lot for any help!

Nothing to worry about. Many cases with changed A number from F1 OPT to AOS.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Hi!
      Based on my experience thru all my AOS process I was given a total of 3 different A numbers. When I talked to a USCIS Officer during my GC interview she said it was just that the system generated different A numbers everyone they entered my name in the system differently. I’m Hispanic therefore I got two last names so they probably messed it up a few times. Nothing to worry about, at the end they reconcile all the numbers and put the info in each together.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X