No announcement yet.

i-130 U.S. citizen petition for spouse filed in January 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a link on my online account that shows “Respond to Evidence” and that’s where I actually see the notice

Comment

Originally posted by sandeep.iiit View Post

I am not sure about the process for online I-130 filing.
      But for the paper filed cases, they 100% expect you to attach a copy of all pages of the RFE that was mailed to you. If the exact copy of this already exists in your online account, then perhaps you can go ahead without waiting. I would just wait to be sure, unless someone who has been in a similar situation as yours says otherwise.
      Thank you for your response!
      how did you respond to your RFE? Do you have a USCIS online account? Did u submit your RFE response online or mail it in?

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney0115 View Post

Thank you for your response!
        how did you respond to your RFE? Do you have a USCIS online account? Did u submit your RFE response online or mail it in?
        Unfortunately I don't have much insights into RFE for online filed cases. I will provide my details anyways in case it helps.

I paper-filed my I-485 (that's the only supported way for I-485). Even though I filed by paper, I was able to add this case to my USCIS account using the receipt number. This is different from online failed cases though. It provides a simpler case history - without the actual content of the documents. So when they sent me an RFIE, the online account got updated with a simple message in the case history that "Request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed". I got an email notification for this. But that's all the info I got. I had to wait for the actual mail to understand what they asked from me in the RFE. Response process is again paper-only. There is no way to respond online for paper-filed cases. There is not button or way to upload any documents. The information flow is one way - from USCIS to me. When the RFE arrived, it clearly said, with underline, that I must attach all the pages of RFE at the top of my response which I must send by mail to the address indicated. (RFE was 3 pages).

However, online filed cases are inherently different. You probably have the entire RFE online, and it should include instructions on how to respond (I hope). Sorry I couldn't be of much help here.

BTW, I filed I-130 online as well (Jan 2020). The case hasn't moved at all though
        Last edited by sandeep.iiit; 09-29-2020, 06:05 PM.
        F2A, Spouse of LPR. Center NBC. FO Seattle
        1/19/20 I-130 filed online
        8/10 I-485,I-131,I-765 sent
        9/05 Got I-797 receipts
        9/14 Got RFIE for lack of I-864
        9/22 Sent response
        10/9 Got I-693 Deficiency Notice
        11/13 Got RFE for lack of I-944
        11/20 Sent I-944
        7/13/21 Got biometric notice
        8/9 Biometric day
        8/13 Ready to be scheduled for interview
        3/1/22 I-130 approved
        3/1 Got RFE for medicals
        3/7 Sent RFE
        3/14 Got EAD
        4/9 Got green card

Comment

Thanks I contact the service center and they instructed me how to send it in.

what service center is your case?

Comment

sandeep.iiit hello...I am in same situation like you. I have a greencard and sponsored my wife and applied for I-130 and have received receipt notice. Do you have any update ?

Comment

Thanks I contact the service center and they instructed me how to send it in.

what service center is your case?
              What were the instructions? (I am interested to know as it might help me if I get an RFE in my online filed I-130).
              My I-130 is being processed by California Service Center.

9/05 Got I-797 receipts
              9/22 Sent response
              11/20 Sent I-944
              8/9 Biometric day
              3/1/22 I-130 approved
              3/1 Got RFE for medicals
              3/7 Sent RFE
              3/14 Got EAD
              4/9 Got green card

Comment

Originally posted by Nyc1980 View Post
                sandeep.iiit hello...I am in same situation like you. I have a greencard and sponsored my wife and applied for I-130 and have received receipt notice. Do you have any update ?
                They sent me the receipt notice on Jan 20, 2020, and as of Feb 23, 2020, the status is "Your benefit request has been accepted and is under review.". And it's just stuck there.
                What is your priority date?
                9/05 Got I-797 receipts
                9/22 Sent response
                11/20 Sent I-944
                8/9 Biometric day
                3/1/22 I-130 approved
                3/1 Got RFE for medicals
                3/7 Sent RFE
                3/14 Got EAD
                4/9 Got green card

Comment

sandeep.iiit I called and they told me the notice online is the exact notice I will receive in the mail, so I can print that notice and upload it online through the respond link, but it will only allow 5 documents with the respond link, so if you have more than 5 pages in your response then create it into a pdf file so u can upload just make sure the pdf is not too large. I had 10 pages which includes the 3 page notice, so I create a pdf and split the 10 pages into 3 files and upload. I got a response saying it was received and my processing will now resume. I’m hoping it won’t be any long delay.

i have two cases, my spouse and daughter they transferred my daughter’s to Potomac and my husband’s is in Texas.

Comment

sandeep.iiit I called and they told me the notice online is the exact notice I will receive in the mail, so I can print that notice and upload it online through the respond link, but it will only allow 5 documents with the respond link, so if you have more than 5 pages in your response then create it into a pdf file so u can upload just make sure the pdf is not too large. I had 10 pages which includes the 3 page notice, so I create a pdf and split the 10 pages into 3 files and upload. I got a response saying it was received and my processing will now resume. I’m hoping it won’t be any long delay.

i have two cases, my spouse and daughter they transferred my daughter’s to Potomac and my husband’s is in Texas.
                    Glad to see it moving along. Both Potomac and Texas seem to have faster case processing times than California (for US citizen spouses and child under 21).
                    9/05 Got I-797 receipts
                    9/22 Sent response
                    11/20 Sent I-944
                    8/9 Biometric day
                    3/1/22 I-130 approved
                    3/1 Got RFE for medicals
                    3/7 Sent RFE
                    3/14 Got EAD
                    4/9 Got green card

Comment

Yes wish us all luck

Comment

sandeep.iiit My date is September 8, 2020. And my wife is overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by sandeep.iiit View Post

I am not sure about the process for online I-130 filing.
                          But for the paper filed cases, they 100% expect you to attach a copy of all pages of the RFE that was mailed to you. If the exact copy of this already exists in your online account, then perhaps you can go ahead without waiting. I would just wait to be sure, unless someone who has been in a similar situation as yours says otherwise.
                          A similar case like that happened to me. But I went ahead and resubmit the whole I-130 form. You don't want to send just those 2 pages and they come back asking for another thing. And this time, make sure you review all pages and line. A mistake or misinformation would delay the case. But you can call them and request to speak tl an officer 2. You can usually speak to them the same day if you call on or before 11 am. You can reach them at this number in case you don't have it. **-800-375-5283

Comment

Jim47 Thank you. I did send the entire I-130A, I’m just wondering now how long before I get an approval now. My cases was basically 2 weeks away from the current processing time before they sent RFE for missing pages.
                            how long was it before you received RFE? What service center? And how long after you responded you heard back?

Comment

Jim47 Thank you. I did send the entire I-130A, I’m just wondering now how long before I get an approval now. My cases was basically 2 weeks away from the current processing time before they sent RFE for missing pages.
                              how long was it before you received RFE? What service center? And how long after you responded you heard back?
                              I file a paper application during my time. It did take about 2 weeks for me to hear something from them. I live in Texas but my case was sent to Vermont and when I called to ask why, they told me because Texas has loads of applications which they are still working on. I will suggest calling and request for expedition on it or speak with an officer 2 about it.
                              Good Luck

Comment

Jim47 Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X