No announcement yet.

i-130 U.S. citizen petition for spouse filed in January 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The i797 is your receipt notice that they received your i130. Then you would wait for the processing time to get an approval and then your file get sent to NVC who then ask for fees and D260 and other documents and after that is received and processed then would be scheduled and appt for interview at the Embassy in spouse Country. (You would have to check with the embassy there to see if they are open for interviews and how in COVID-19.

Did you file your i130 in early February or late February? Did you received the approval email first then another email from NVC?

I submitted my I-130 for my spouse Feb 26 to be exact and Have received the I-797 a week after, but have not received any other notices/email. I’m hoping that I will hear something in the coming days since you also filed in February.

I have submitted forms for my parents in the past so I’m a little aware of the NVC process and that usually moves faster as long as you get them the documents and pay fees in a timely manner.

I would like to know your exact date in February you submitted the I-130 also did you file online??

Comment

Hey Courtney0115,

We filed the I-130 on February 6, yes we did it online. The I-797 has a Notice Date on the paper of June 2, and we received the email from NVC regarding the case creation on June 3. I get that offices were closed because of Covid, but that's strange that you received the I-797 before me. The NVC email on June 3 was important because that had the link to their website where we could submit our forms and pay fees for DS-260. I know how hard it is to be patient with this, but it seems like you should have received the email by now. We submitted the forms and paid fees to NVC about two weeks ago and are waiting to hear back from them. Good to hear that NVC moves quickly!

Yes, I realized after I sent my message that I'd have to look at the US Embassy's website to see if they're scheduling interviews. Unfortunately they are not. This is pretty brutal, I was hoping my wife would be able to come here sometime in 2020, but it's starting to feel like it may take much longer than that.

Comment

Hi. Mhb1207,
        I’m not sure if we are talking about the same form, but the one I received was (I-797C Notice of Action) and I received and email With that I-797 attached the next day after I submitted the I-130 and then the letter maybe 5days later and it was just basically a receipt notice haven’t received any other since, and it seems you filed 20 day’s before tevI did d on Feb 26. Are you saying you never received that notice until June 2nd and then right after the email from NVC.?

I’m hoping that my spouse would also be here before the year ends too, but as I said I haven’t received anything yet. You did so I trust and hope as well your other will be with you as well before 2020 ends.

normally you would received the approval first from USCIS before you receive anything from NVC maybe 3weeks to a month before you would get a case creation from NVC, so it’s good that you get that part already.

hopefully keep our fingers crossed I will get my approval to move forward and you as well.

Comment

Someone asked for my time line so i'll put it below but remember that my green card is to a U.S. citizen and I applied from Australia not the U.S. and my application is being processed in the Texas service centre so if your situation is at all different to me then my experience won't be an indicator of how long your process will take. I'm also using an immigration attorney in the U.S.

December 2019 - Attorney submitted application for i-130
          January 2020 - Confirmation of receipt and filing date provided. We received a letter in the mail and an email notification
          May 2020 - Approval of I-130 and request to submit D-260. We received an email notification with a link to upload the documents. A couple of weeks later we also received letter notification by post. The documents took a a couple of weeks for me to submit as I needed to wait for my police check for Australia and also the website kept going down when I tried to upload my documents and I would then have to wait a few days for it to work again

Now i'm waiting for my visa interview. Sydney, Australia is pretty operational right now and they have had no new COVID cases for a while so I'm hoping since my green card interview will be there that it won't take too long but who knows. I'll definitely post here when I receive my interview date.

Comment

Thank you Lighthouse111
            My situation is similar- US citizen, I petition for my spouse who is living outside the US. I submitted application in February 2020 Also being process in the Texas Service Centre, only difference is I’m not using an Attorney.
            seems like your approval came in 5months, so I’m hoping and and praying I would Get my approval this Month (July) as this would be 5months.

Comment

Hi Courtney0115, Hopefully yours will come soon! Do you know if you will need to have an in person interview in the US and your spouse will have to have an in person interview at the U.S. embassy in the country where they live?

Comment

Lighthouse111
                My spouse I’m pretty sure will have an interview in his country when it gets to that point. I doubt There will be an interview for me here in The US.

The Embassy there is open and conducting interviews so I’m really just hoping for my approval this month.

so, did you received the email of your approval from USCIS and also the email from NVC requesting D260 etc...at pretty much the same time or did you wait b4 your hear from NVC?

Comment

Hey Courtney0115,

If you don't mind me asking, what country is your spouse from where the US Embassy is open and conducting interviews?

I can't find any information about embassies currently conducting interviews anywhere. In particular, I'm googling pretty much every day to see if there is any news about the Embassies in Brazil. I had thought all embassies are only doing typical visa processing and have suspended all visa interviews because of Covid. I hope I'm wrong...

Comment

Mhb1207
                    The embassy in Kingston Jamaica. They posted online that that they are open and Trumps new proclamation with the Hold on certain visas, but Did specify that it does not include spouse and minor children.

The COVID-19 cases in Jamaica are less than a 1000 cases and under 200 of those cases are active cases, so that could be why they are open.

still have not received approval though...

Comment

The email of my approval from USCIS and request for D260 were in the same email. I just received an email that my DS260 was accepted and that the USCIS are working with the US Embassy in Australia to book my greencard interview and that they will notify me when they have an interview date.

I checked with my attorney and I have a green card interview but my husband in the US isn't required to attend one. I'm hoping the embassy in Australia will be open soon so I can schedule my interview bu I can't find any information on their website about this.

Comment

Lighthouse111
                        That’s interesting you received both in the same email...in the past I know uscis approval cones first and then you would until NVC gets the file and creates a cases with a case number and u then upload ds260.
                        great to hear your d260 was accepted hopefully you will get a interview soon.

Comment

Hey Lighthouse111,

Congrats on the DS260 acceptance. How long after you submitted your DS260 documents did you get the email saying it was accepted?

Thanks

Comment

Hi mhb1207 - about a week after I submitted the documents I received an email saying it was accepted and that they are working with my local US embassy to schedule the interview, they will contact me once the interview is scheduled. I called my local US embassy and they said that they are not conducting interviews right now because of COVID and they don't know when they will resume..so i'm just waiting.

Comment

My timeline:
                              1/19/2020 - Filed I-130 Online. Spouse of a lawful permanent resident.
                              1/19/2020 - Date on Receipt notice.

No progress afterwards
                              F2A, Spouse of LPR. Center NBC. FO Seattle
                              1/19/20 I-130 filed online
                              8/10 I-485,I-131,I-765 sent
                              9/05 Got I-797 receipts
                              9/14 Got RFIE for lack of I-864
                              9/22 Sent response
                              10/9 Got I-693 Deficiency Notice
                              11/13 Got RFE for lack of I-944
                              11/20 Sent I-944
                              7/13/21 Got biometric notice
                              8/9 Biometric day
                              8/13 Ready to be scheduled for interview
                              3/1/22 I-130 approved
                              3/1 Got RFE for medicals
                              3/7 Sent RFE
                              3/14 Got EAD
                              4/9 Got green card

Comment

sandeep.iiit I filed mine on Nov. 19 2019 as a lawful permanent resident. On July 8 I became a citizen and upgrade my spouse case. On July 27th it was approved and sent to NVC for processing on August 3rd I completed my spouse'sD-260... Now I'm waiting for her case to be upgraded from K21 to IR, which they have not reply to me still. Just hang in there, you will hear something from them.
                                Last edited by Jim47; 08-25-2020, 11:33 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X