NVC received my approved application but I now hold PR in CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVC received my approved application but I now hold PR in CA

Hi everyone, I would like some advice on a situation I am facing. I used to live in the US holding a student visa. My mother applied for my green card when she became a permanent resident. My green card had to wait as I was over 21 and born in the Philippines so the visa bulletin was 10 years behind my application date. I recently received an email from NVC stating that my application was approved by USCIS and need to follow the steps for an interview.
    This is where things get confusing. Since my mother originally applied, I moved to Canada as a permanent resident due to the fact that I graduated and had no other way of staying in the us legally. I am now eligible to apply to become a Canadian citizen next year in March.
    How should I notify USCIS that I am not a permanent resident in Canada? As I am so close to becoming a citizen of Canada, I would like to make that a priority but would still like to get my green card in the US as I would like the option to move to the US in the future if needed. Would this be possible?
    When going for an interview for my green card, can this be done in the us embassy in Canada?

Anyone?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X