Remove conditions of my green card questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove conditions of my green card questions

Hi guys, my conditional green card expires on 01/22/2021. I married an American citizen a few years ago and we're still married. I have a few questions. Please help out if you can. And don't feel obliged to answer all of them. Any responses are much appreciated! Thank you!

1. The earliest date we need to joint file i-751 is 10/22/2020, correct?
    2. Besides joint filing i-751, are there other forms/documents are required to file together?
    3. Besides required documents to file, what other supporting documents would you recommend us to file in your experiences? Our joint bank account statement? W2? Tax returns? etc?
    4. Total filing fee is $680. One check of $595 for i-751 and another check of $85 for a biometric fee, correct?
    5. I learned that the interview could be waived by USCIS and that's certainly up to them. But in your experiences, what chances do you think they'd let you skip the interview? If you didn't have to do the interview, what documents did you file?
    6. How long does it take usually for them to issue you the permanent green card? When it's pending, will they issue you something temporary so that you can continue living and working in the US?
    7. Any other tips/suggestions you have?

Thank you!

Originally posted by Qiuli View Post
    Hi guys, my conditional green card expires on 01/22/2021. I married an American citizen a few years ago and we're still married. I have a few questions. Please help out if you can. And don't feel obliged to answer all of them. Any responses are much appreciated! Thank you!

1. The earliest date we need to joint file i-751 is 10/22/2020, correct?
    2. Besides joint filing i-751, are there other forms/documents are required to file together?
    3. Besides required documents to file, what other supporting documents would you recommend us to file in your experiences? Our joint bank account statement? W2? Tax returns? etc?
    4. Total filing fee is $680. One check of $595 for i-751 and another check of $85 for a biometric fee, correct?
    5. I learned that the interview could be waived by USCIS and that's certainly up to them. But in your experiences, what chances do you think they'd let you skip the interview? If you didn't have to do the interview, what documents did you file?
    6. How long does it take usually for them to issue you the permanent green card? When it's pending, will they issue you something temporary so that you can continue living and working in the US?
    7. Any other tips/suggestions you have?

Thank you!
    1) You can file 90 days before your CLPR status expires.
    2) No. Just the i751. You can file the G-28 (Attorney representation) or the credit card authorization form if you wish to pay via credit card.
    3) Qualitatively, the evidence is the same, but you need to show more evidence. Bank accounts for the months you've been married, leases or mortgage, insurance, photos, 401k, the list could go on. We even filed a veterinary record for our pet as it had both our names on it.
    4)Just do one fee of $680.
    5) Pass
    6) Use the USCIS processing time page to look up the processing center once you have your case number.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X