Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 260 Question and Mothers Green Card

Hello -

With the Covid 19 related confusion, I need help to understand what to do with our situation. I have filed for my mothers green card

1- Father expired last year in India. Decided to bring mother to USA but visitor visa got rejected 3 times.

2- Mothers GC filed, I-130 Approved in April 2020.

3- NVC instructions received. Mumbai, India embassy assigned for interview location for consuler processing. Logged in and Paid the fees.

4- DS-260 is complete but not submitted yet. I also have to complete I-864 (Affidavit of Support).

Few Questions that I am confused about what to do:

1- We had been confused with the Covid-19 situation as mother is 72 years old and cannot go for interview at this time. I have therefore not yet filed for DS260. How long can I wait to file ?

2- Should I go ahead and file for DS260 or continue to wait ? Is there any president proclamation that affects us in any way?

3- How quickly are they approving DS 260 applications these days and assigning interview dates for consuler processing? Can these interviews be rescheduled?

4-Noticed that for the interview they have a PUBLIC CHARGE QUESTIONNAIRE these days. Can they deny Green Card if they feel the applicant can become public charge?

5- The public charge form asks for health care coverage questions when in USA. What kind of health insurance are people buying that is typically acceptable in USA ? Any guidelines or weblinks will be appreciated.

Thank you for your quick responses

Regards

Tony

1, DS-260 can be filed within one year of paying the NVC fees.

2. You should file the DS-260 now, but your mom will not be interviewed until 2021 after the executive order (proclamation) expires.

3. Interviews can be scheduled. If all documents are in, usually the consulate will call your mother for an interview within a month to two months.

4. Yes but not very likely because your case was filed before the public charge rule was implemented in 2020.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X