X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parks
    replied
    Originally posted by Bini9391 View Post
    Being a green card holder, I filed for my spouse in dec 2019 and in aug 2020 i got the same reply that you did. About NVC accepting the documents. Waiting for interview to be scheduled at Mumbai consulate. Please respond if you have any update on interviews being scheduled
    No update.

Indirectly, I have heard from some people that the Bombay Consulate is closed at least until December. Given how rapidly covid cases are increasing in India, the immigrant visa interviews may not restart at Bombay for another 6 to 9 months!

It sucks, but nothing can be done about it...

Leave a comment:

• Bini9391
    replied
    Being a green card holder, I filed for my spouse in dec 2019 and in aug 2020 i got the same reply that you did. About NVC accepting the documents. Waiting for interview to be scheduled at Mumbai consulate. Please respond if you have any update on interviews being scheduled

Leave a comment:

• parks
    replied
    Yes, you are right, the F2A category (spouse of green card holder) is current. So, basically, these days no difference between a citizen filing for a spouse and a green card holder filing for a spouse.
    Last edited by parks; 09-15-2020, 07:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Surmeet Kaur
    replied
    I am not sure that is there is a wait or not. I think we have to wait for the interview to be scheduled in next year sometime

Leave a comment:

• parks
    replied
    Originally posted by Surmeet Kaur View Post
    It took 2 months to get get the approval.
    I submitted the documents on 07/02/2020
    original i-130 was submitted in march 2019.
    we are in the que of interview.
    i am a greencard holder (the immigration is closed until 12/20)

I will keep you posted if anything changes.

If you are a green card holder, and have filed for immigrant visa of a spouse, isn't there's wait under F2B category?

Leave a comment:

• Surmeet Kaur
    replied
    It took 2 months to get get the approval.
    I submitted the documents on 07/02/2020
    original i-130 was submitted in march 2019.
    we are in the que of interview.
    i am a greencard holder (the immigration is closed until 12/20)

I will keep you posted if anything changes.

Leave a comment:

• parks
    replied
    Originally posted by Surmeet Kaur View Post
    Hey Parks,

My husband’s case is also same as yours. We just received the case completion yesterday and we have to wait for the interview at Bombay Visa Center.
    Sumeet,

How long did the process take in your case with NVC?

Please post any updates you have in future in this thread.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Surmeet Kaur
    replied
    Hey Parks,

My husband’s case is also same as yours. We just received the case completion yesterday and we have to wait for the interview at Bombay Visa Center.

Leave a comment:

• parks
    started a topic Immigrant visa interview at Bombay Consulate

Immigrant visa interview at Bombay Consulate

Hi all:

I heard that the US consulates are processing some limited number of student visa applications.

We have a US citizen-spouse, Consular Processing case, (I130 filed in 2018, and fees were all paid 15 months back). The NVC finally sent the below good news email, but, given the Global Pandemic, everything looks so uncertain.

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all of the fees, forms, and documents that are required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate General overseas.
    NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in MUMBAI (BOMBAY), IND to schedule an interview appointment for you.

Does any one know what's the status for immigrant visa? Are any consulates processing immigrant visa?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X