Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Update After Interview

Good afternoon!

I had an interview for the AOS application in F2A category (spouse is a green card holder) on 09/11/2020. The immigration officer was super nice. She started the interview with me alone. We had a good conversation. She was satisfied with the interview and didn't feel necessary to interview my spouse who is the petitioner. The lady said she would assign a visa number to my case the same day and she would approve the case on Tuesday - 09/15/2020. It's been two days past Tuesday. Most of the time I see cases get approved immediately after the interview or at least within the same day. But in my case, it is taking longer than usual.

My question is, how frequently do the cases get approved the same day of the interview? Is it normal that the officer said she would approve the case on Tuesday and yet she has not done so?

Thank you in advance!

It's common that they do get accepted on the same day as the interview, I've seen a number of people say that's happened to them and I can confirm it also happened with our case. By the time we had got home from the interview, it had been approved and the card was being made.

The fact she didn't approve it the same day suggests she had to work on a few things or confer with supervisors before approving, but considering she told you that she would approve you I woulnd't be too concerned - it's not common for them to say they're going to approve you if they have no intention of doing so.

The fact your petitioner is a GC holder and not a citizen probably means there's extra steps they have to take.

I won't tell you to be patient because I know how annoying that gets when you're waiting. But just keep checking!
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Same happened to me as well. The IO said the case seems approvable couple of times and told we would get the GC in couple of weeks and then no update. The interview was on 09152020 at Fairfax, VA. What is your center ?

Comment

Columbus, Ohio. Did you apply in marriage based category? If so, is your spouse a USC?

Comment

Originally posted by xiaurrahman View Post
          Good afternoon!

I had an interview for the AOS application in F2A category (spouse is a green card holder) on 09/11/2020. The immigration officer was super nice. She started the interview with me alone. We had a good conversation. She was satisfied with the interview and didn't feel necessary to interview my spouse who is the petitioner. The lady said she would assign a visa number to my case the same day and she would approve the case on Tuesday - 09/15/2020. It's been two days past Tuesday. Most of the time I see cases get approved immediately after the interview or at least within the same day. But in my case, it is taking longer than usual.

My question is, how frequently do the cases get approved the same day of the interview? Is it normal that the officer said she would approve the case on Tuesday and yet she has not done so?

Thank you in advance!
          Did you hear back anything from them?
          i had an interview on 21st Sep. It went fine but still waiting to hear back from them.

Comment

Originally posted by tired_fairfax View Post
            Same happened to me as well. The IO said the case seems approvable couple of times and told we would get the GC in couple of weeks and then no update. The interview was on 09152020 at Fairfax, VA. What is your center ?
            Did you hear back from them?

Comment

Originally posted by Aman123 View Post

Did you hear back anything from them?
              i had an interview on 21st Sep. It went fine but still waiting to hear back from them.
              It's been more than 2 weeks, yet no update. Where was your field office? Is there any timeline within which USCIS should give an update?

Comment

Any update on your case. I’m in same boat and ran into your post

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X