I864 (Affidavit of Support) File size Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I864 (Affidavit of Support) File size Limit

I need help on how to reduce the I864 PDF to 2MB size. I filled out the I864 using PDF and saved it. After saving it, it's about 500kb. Now, if I print out to sign and then scan back as PDF, it's almost 7.5 MB. I scanned it back in the lowest resolution (150 DPI). How is it possible to reduce it to 2mb? All the pages of the 864 has to be scanned into a single pdf document. Since, INS file size limit is 2MB, I am kind of stuck on what to do. Thanks in advance.

Look into the program you are using to scan. There are many file types (jog, pdf, etc.) Within the pdf, there is typically a compressed pdf option. That file still has extension of .pdf, and no outwardly difference. it just takes a teeny bit longer to open such a file. That should reduce the size greatly.
    --
    Marriage to US citizen based I130+CP
    7/21/18 Filed I130 @ Chicago Lockbox
    8/8/18 I797C (Notice of Action received)
    3/29/19 I130 approved
    5/15/19 NVC case/invoice email received.
    5/19/19 Paid all fees, submitted AOS, Civil Documents and DS260
    8/14/20 NVC marked the case complete, waiting for visa interview date.

Total wait: 26 months+ ... still waiting! Who knows when, due to covid

Comment

The software I am using (HP Scan) doesn't have the option to compress. I changed it to 100 DPI and Gray(8 bit) for Color, now the file is < 2MB and readable. Hopefully, INS will accept 100 DPI.

Comment

Originally posted by skv2000 View Post
        The software I am using (HP Scan) doesn't have the option to compress. I changed it to 100 DPI and Gray(8 bit) for Color, now the file is < 2MB and readable. Hopefully, INS will accept 100 DPI.
        You can also try online apps that can compress your pdf size.
        Upload your highest resolution (DPI) version, and download a compressed one.

I have a HP printer too. My app is not called HP Scan, but "HP Smart". This one does have the compress option. (although it's still doesn't do as good a job as the scanner at my work). Perhaps try installing HP Smart app if it works with your printer.
        Last edited by ceci1073; 11-17-2021, 12:08 PM. Reason: link
        F2A, Spouse of LPR. Center NBC. FO Seattle
        1/19/20 I-130 filed online
        8/10 I-485,I-131,I-765 sent
        9/05 Got I-797 receipts
        9/14 Got RFIE for lack of I-864
        9/22 Sent response
        10/9 Got I-693 Deficiency Notice
        11/13 Got RFE for lack of I-944
        11/20 Sent I-944
        7/13/21 Got biometric notice
        8/9 Biometric day
        8/13 Ready to be scheduled for interview
        3/1/22 I-130 approved
        3/1 Got RFE for medicals
        3/7 Sent RFE
        3/14 Got EAD
        4/9 Got green card

Comment

Originally posted by sandeep.iiit View Post

You can also try online apps that can compress your pdf size.
          Upload your highest resolution (DPI) version, and download a compressed one.

I have a HP printer too. My app is not called HP Scan, but "HP Smart". This one does have the compress option. (although it's still doesn't do as good a job as the scanner at my work). Perhaps try installing HP Smart app if it works with your printer.
          I use the standard x86 and x64 "HP Universal Print Driver" from their website (at printerhow.com). I believe there is a PCL5 an PCL6 version, and they have one for most every OS (we are Windows shop, so I've personally used XP, Vista, 7, Server 2003, Server 2008, and Server 2008 R2. For Linux I use the generic PCL5 driver in CUPS). I can confirm it works for about 8 different HP laserjet models I've tested in on, both B/W and color.
          Last edited by ceci1073; 11-17-2021, 12:09 PM. Reason: link
          The most selfish one letter word I

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X