Mistake on I-130 sibling application form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake on I-130 sibling application form

I submitted a petition for my sister 7 years ago. Recently when I received an RFE I looked at her file and noticed there is a mistake. The RFE requested to prove we are from the same parents as our Birth Certificate was registered late. There was an option for DNA too. Since we don't have many documents from childhood, I send DNA for both of us, USCIS received it and starts working on it.

The mistake is when she translated her marriage certificate into English her birth year was input wrong. So my lawyer put the wrong birth year in the application form. However, her birth certificate has the correct year which was already submitted at the time of application. In the meantime, when she realized the translation copy has the wrong date she immediately gets the new one, but we didn't submit it. I need some suggestions for the below questions:

1. How to notify USCIS of this mistake now? What documents do I need to send?
    2. Can I send the corrected marriage certificate now?
    3. Ever since I applied for this petition my sister became a resident of Canada, should I change her permanent address now? If yes, how to change that?
    4. Even though I send the DNA can I send more documents now such as Affidavit from relative to prove birth?

Thanks in advance!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X