Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Income requirement question for petitioning spouse or parents

How are you !
    My wife just became US citizen. I am DACA recipient. She wants to help me to adjust my status first. Her income doesn't meet the requirement, but my income is sufficient. I make $70000 annually. We have 2 kids. Question is " since her income is not enough, can she use my income ?

2nd question is " Once I am approved for green card. She wants to start petitioning for her parents. Can she use my income as well ?

Please give answers to these two separate questions ? Thanks very much !

For question 1: Yes, you can use the petitioner income as long as it's permanent. An example of non-permanent income is working as a researcher while doing a PhD because you will lose this job the moment you finish your PhD.

For question 2: it's also yes because you are the same household but I believe you will need a form i-864a a contract with household member. I am so sure about the exact form but otherwise you should be fine.

Comment

1. Yes, the intending immigrant's income can be counted in the sponsor's household income if the intending immigrant is the sponsor's spouse or is a relative living in the same residence, and the intending immigrant is working in the US legally (which you are). The intending immigrant does not need to fill out I-864A.
      2. Yes, the sponsor's spouse (as well as the sponsor's relative living in the same residence as the sponsor) can act as a "household member" of the sponsor, and their income can be counted in the sponsor's household income if the household member fills out an I-864A.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

So even though My green card is sponsored through my wife , she can still use my income for petitioning her parents?

some people told me if your green card is family based green card , then you can’t sponsor within first 5 years . I am so confused

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X