F1 opt to marriage green card, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 opt to marriage green card, need help

I was an F1 student on OPT when I got married to my us citizen husband.
    We are first time married (no kids) and we went to the same university, so I thought my case would be simple and easy.
    Especially during this covid19 time, we did not want to go out or meet a lawyer. We decided to file the application on our own.
    While we were gathering the documents and forms, we ran into some questions...
    We had I130, I130a, I864, I485, I131, and I765 ready, but the most annoying one is I944.
    I944 is required since Feb 2020, it's asking a lot of questions about assets, education background, employment evidence, health insurance, credit report...
    We don't think we can prepare all these on our own now. I am afraid if I miss something would cause RFE.
    Would it be easier to have an attorney to file my marriage-based green card application?
    Is there an attorney I can connect with remotely? How does everyone find a lawyer? Completing the process fully online is preferred.
    Thank you in advance.

erinyu you can look online for a lawyer. A lot of lawyers will work remotely. Just make sure to verify their credentials because there are a lot of people out there pretending to be lawyers or pretending they know how to do the applications just to take advantage of immigrants who don't know better.

2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
    4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
    4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
    4/19: Request to expedite EAD
    5/11: Received EAD
    6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
    8/09: Advance Parole approved
    8/29: Scheduled for Interview
    10/11: Interview
    10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
    10/16: Sent new G28
    10/19: Approved!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X