Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to marry in USVI

Hi everyone

I'm in the US on B1/2 and will be flying down to the USVI to get married on a beach with my fiance who's a US citizen.
    Now, after the honeymoon we will then fly back to Florida and start the AOS process but i will only have 10 days left on my I-94 when we do this.
    Even though the USVI is part of the US you still have to go through CBP and show your passport if you're not a US resident.
    Question is should i be worried passing through CBP after just getting married to a US citizen?

Thanks in advance!

I decided to pick up the phone and called CBP in the USVI and they said it won’t be a problem traveling back to the mainland after getting married to a US citizen as long as there is still time on my I-94 at all and they advised to start the AOS as soon as possible after landing back in Florida. I’ll let y’all know how that goes!

Comment

So an update in case anyone else needs the info.
      Well it all went smoothly. When we were in front of the CBP officer he asked the normal questions and i responded that we had just got married and i will be adjusting my status when i arrive back in Florida. He congratulated us, reminded me that i only had 10 days left on my I-94 and let us continue on through to the boarding gate.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X