Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4 Visa Reissue after expiry

Hi,

We had an immigrant visa issued to us on Mar 12th and expired on August 25 2020. However, while travelling on 20th August,one of my parents (not the main applicant) passed away at the airport while transit due to which i had to cancel my trip.

I could not apply for an extension or re-issue immediately since PP 10014 was in effect. Would anyone know about what is the procedure to get an extension / re-issue of my visa now that PP10014 has been rescinded.
    Last edited by LeonSuraj; 03-08-2021, 12:15 PM.

Sailing in Same Boat. My parents immigrant visa expired May 2020.trying to understand renewal process.

so far I could only find small piece of information on FAQ :

"You should contact the Immigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Embassy or Consulate that issued your visa. You do not need to file a new petition with USCIS, but you may need to submit a new application (DS-260) and pay another immigrant visa application fees. In addition, you may need to submit new supporting documents, such as a new medical examination and police certificate. Please be prepared to return your unused, expired visa and visa package (if applicable). Requests to reissue or replace visas are considered on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants are required to re-establish their eligibility; there is no guarantee that you will receive a new visa."

LeonSuraj
    where you able to find any information?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X