Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 extension letter expiring soon

Hi

I applied for I-751 on October 2019. They have cashed the money and sent me an update that the data about my fingerprints was taken. And the last thing was last December 2020, that my case had been transferred to another office.

I got a 18 month extension letter in 2019 before my greencard expired , but I'll reach that extension limit in May and I'm freaking out. Have any of you gotten a second extension letter? Was it automatic?

My processing center is the National Benefits Center.

Thanks for tour attention. Any comment regarding hia issue will be appreciated.

I don't think there exists a second extension letter. You can call for an InfoPass appointment to get an I-551 stamp.

Of course, even if you don't get an I-551 stamp, and your extension letter is expired, you are still in permanent resident status; you just won't have proof of it. It probably won't affect your life much unless you need to leave the country or renew your driver's license.

By the way, have you applied for naturalization?
    Last edited by newacct; 03-04-2021, 01:48 PM.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I have not yet, I thought I had to wait until I get the conditions removed from this green card. But I already have the time required to do it. Do tou think I can ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jopi00 View Post
        I have not yet, I thought I had to wait until I get the conditions removed from this green card. But I already have the time required to do it. Do tou think I can ?
        Yes

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you !

Comment

Any ideas on how long the 1-751 application takes? I'm in a similar situation where my extension expires in July this year and I'm starting to get nervous.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X