Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-790 and I-485 for my wife

Hi everyone,

I am a US citizen, and my wife is with me in the US. She got through her biometrics on April 4 for the employment card and I-485. However, we haven't heard from the USCIS since then.
    She is a 5-month pregnant, would it be suitable to upload the medical documents showing that she is pregnant to expedite her immigration processing time? Does this sound reasonable to do so?

Thanks guys

Why does the speed of her I-485 matter for her pregnancy? She can stay in the US for as long as her I-485 is pending.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you. We just want to have her EAD card so she can legally work remotely.

Comment

But her being pregnant has no bearing on her need to work. Why should she be given an EAD faster than non-pregnant people who also want to work? So I don't see how documentation of her pregnancy would help in expediting it.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Okay, okay I understand your point. I know that non-pregnant people also want to work, I thought anyone would have such an experience. Also, your answer is pretty obvious, but I was looking for someone with such an experience. Anyway, it is better that you try to answer someone else's post since you are just a member not a lawyer. Plus, put your unreasonable frustration somewhere else lol.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X