Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition I-130 filed for Sibling - question about parents names in birth certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition I-130 filed for Sibling - question about parents names in birth certificate

I am a US citizen and I filed a form I-130 petition for an alien relative for my sister. As per instructions, this form requires the birth certificates of both my sister and me as part of the evidence. I submitted both of our birth certificates. The last name listed on the birth certificate for us matches both of our last names. Our parents' names are also listed on the birth certificate and they are identical. But the parents' names listed are not complete with their full first and last names. It only has the last name of my father (and this last name matches our own last names) and the first name of our mother. There is no first name for our father listed and no last name for our mother (which is probably supposed to be her maiden last name during her birth) listed. In this scenario will USCIS send a RFE to provide the complete names of our parents on our birth certificates? If so, what should be my response to this RFE?

In summary, both our names are correct and our last names are the same as expected, but our parents' names are not complete names.

Thanks for providing your feedback.

Get a certificate from an authorized Notary public, like both names are referring to the same person.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. The birth certificates are from India. So in this case, I would get a letter from a Notary public in India saying that both names are referring to the same person (parents)? Is it reasonable to expect an RFE from USCIS in this case or they may approve the petition? If RFE, what evidence will be required to satisfy them? The I-130 has not been processed yet, I am trying to see if I should prepare the letter from Notary and keep it beforehand or wait for the RFE and do this at that time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X