f1 to f4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f1 to f4

Hi, i have a lot of questions. My mom's sister is a US citizen and she put paperwork in for my mom, dad, sister and Me. Priority date is 08MAR2001. a week ago She got an email saying that we have the final interview in a week in my country. Right now i am on a f1 student visa in the US. I was planning to go back to my country for the interview but i have to be back in the us two days after the interview (its a thursday, i have to be back saturday.) someone told me that they'd keep my passport after the interview and that i wouldnt be able to fly back. I really need to be back because i har 3 exams that my teachers didt want tochange and id fail the class if i miss them.

My question is, is it true I would get my passport taken away? Should i change the interview date? If i change it, do you think ill get one that's really far from the original date?

Also, am i allowed to enter back to the US after the interview as an F1 or am i supposed to take "a break" from shool?

Any help would be appreciated, im desperate.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by mch08 View Post
    Hi, i have a lot of questions. My mom's sister is a US citizen and she put paperwork in for my mom, dad, sister and Me. Priority date is 08MAR2001. a week ago She got an email saying that we have the final interview in a week in my country. Right now i am on a f1 student visa in the US. I was planning to go back to my country for the interview but i have to be back in the us two days after the interview (its a thursday, i have to be back saturday.) someone told me that they'd keep my passport after the interview and that i wouldnt be able to fly back. I really need to be back because i har 3 exams that my teachers didt want tochange and id fail the class if i miss them.

My question is, is it true I would get my passport taken away? Should i change the interview date? If i change it, do you think ill get one that's really far from the original date?

Also, am i allowed to enter back to the US after the interview as an F1 or am i supposed to take "a break" from shool?

Any help would be appreciated, im desperate.

Thanks!!
    Call NVC and ask if you can be interviewed in the US instead of going back to your country.
    "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

F3 Watch List for active members

aaydrian = June 7, 2002
    dsz = Sep 3, 2002 / rupen = Sep 22, 2002 / mtouch = Sep 24, 2002
    S&MN = Oct 23, 2002/ taz70 = Nov 2, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
    Feb2003 = 2/11/2003/clearvision=2/23/2003
    diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
    Puddy = April 2003
    hfsitumo2001 = May 22, 2003 / tabby = May 19, 2003
    Imran123 = Aug 2003
    butter = Nov 23, 2003