Travel to US from India(tourist visa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to US from India(tourist visa)

My mom (who is currently on B2 Visa) is planning to come to Newark, through AirIndia flight. I had a few questions:
    1. Are there any travel restrictions as such for folks travelling from India to US(direct flight)?
    2. I called in US Consulate and they mentioned tourists will not be able to come in to US
    3. Is there a way to get into US ?

My mom came here 3 months back and since then till last week, I do know of several folks whio travelled from India to US on VIsitor Visa in the past few weeks. I am not sure if this is a new recent restriction

Comment

Originally posted by sethuferrari View Post
      My mom (who is currently on B2 Visa) is planning to come to Newark, through AirIndia flight. I had a few questions:
      1. Are there any travel restrictions as such for folks travelling from India to US(direct flight)?
      2. I called in US Consulate and they mentioned tourists will not be able to come in to US (also referred me to https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ronavirus.html )
      3. Is there a way to get into US ?
      There are no travel restrictions on tourists entering the US by air as long as they have not been physically present in Mainland China, Iran, the Schengen Area, the UK, Ireland, or Brazil in the previous 14 days. This is not new; there has not been any restrictions on tourists entering the US by air any time this year (as long as they have not been present in one of the above listed countries). The consulate is wrong.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X