Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worried about travel. Can you please help me address the travel concerns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about travel. Can you please help me address the travel concerns?

I am planning to book a flight from India to US. But I'm worried if there is another lockdown or flights are cancelled or if I won't be able to make it to flight departure city because of lockdown in intermittent cities that I have to travel through. Also, if I don't get the covid test results within last 3 days of boarding the flight or in worst case if I test positive.

How do I take care of this concern?

Libra_14 Any idea on this?

Can anyone else help?

Comment

Originally posted by rhinoceros View Post
      I am planning to book a flight from India to US. But I'm worried if there is another lockdown or flights are cancelled or if I won't be able to make it to flight departure city because of lockdown in intermittent cities that I have to travel through. Also, if I don't get the covid test results within last 3 days of boarding the flight or in worst case if I test positive.
      Sorry rhinoceros No experience on this one so far. But to the best of my knowledge, all airlines are supporting free date change, so you can reschedule your flight for a later date.

If you are positive then you cannot travel. Neither I think you should travel in that case for such a long flight, for everyone benefit.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

While there are Trip cancellation plans that can include a Cancel for any reason benefit that can reimburse non-refundable trip costs up to 75%, due to things like lockdowns due to Covid-19, those Trip cancellation plans are only available to U.S. residents.

Comment

Thanks for responding, everyone. I just learned that the flights could be rescheduled to the next available one or to some later one after that with fare difference. In case of cancellation the money is credited as a travel voucher which we can use within an year which is helpful in case of lockdowns or in case tested positive.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X