Best credit card/Insurance to cover travel cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best credit card/Insurance to cover travel cost

With so much of uncertainty because of Covid & Ukraine, any suggestion on credit card or insurance providing protection on airline tickets shopping? Like full refund for the price paid for tickets.

Certain airlines do provide a free date change, but that has a time limit to reuse that fund within a year with same airline.

I am looking for freedom to rebook with any airlines, if I have to cancel my plans.

Any suggestion or credit card/insurance/airline combination?

Travel or trip insurance can be purchased either from the airlines or insurance companies. I’ve purchase trip insurance directly from airlines to cover just travel cost should travel plans change due to illness or any unforeseen passenger delays. Have no experience buying comprehensive insurance coverage.

‘Cancel for any Reason (CFAR policies)’ does reimburse for travel disruptions due to pandemic. I seriously doubt the policy if you get will cover 100% coverage, realistically 60-75%.

Policy will come with stipulations like buy 21 days ahead of travel and need to cancel no later than 48hrs before travel.

Comment

Originally posted by ST2022 View Post
      Travel or trip insurance can be purchased either from the airlines or insurance companies. I’ve purchase trip insurance directly from airlines to cover just travel cost should travel plans change due to illness or any unforeseen passenger delays. Have no experience buying comprehensive insurance coverage.

‘Cancel for any Reason (CFAR policies)’ does reimburse for travel disruptions due to pandemic. I seriously doubt the policy if you get will cover 100% coverage, realistically 60-75%.

Policy will come with stipulations like buy 21 days ahead of travel and need to cancel no later than 48hrs before travel.
      This is really helpful, which airline provide that CFAR policies?

Comment

I seriously doubt the airlines will underwrite these policies. However, they MAY partner with Insurance companies to offer policies right after the trip deposit is made or finalized.

example : just looking at the Delta airlines website shows them partnering with Allianz Global. Likewise others may be selling services in partnership as well.

I have no first hand knowledge to the offerings.

Comment

I usually travel using my Indigo card. Any of my expenses don't impact my credit score. And this card is accepted everywhere (at least where I've been to).
          Last edited by BNic; 01-18-2023, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by libra14 View Post
            With so much of uncertainty because of Covid & Ukraine, any suggestion on credit card or insurance providing protection on airline tickets shopping? Like full refund for the price paid for tickets.

Certain airlines do provide a free date change, but that has a time limit to reuse that fund within a year with same airline.

I am looking for freedom to rebook with any airlines, if I have to cancel my plans.

Any suggestion or credit card/insurance/airline combination?
            Hey There,

There are several options available to provide protection for airline ticket purchases during times of uncertainty such as those caused by Covid-19 and the Ukraine crisis. Here are some suggestions:
            1. Purchase travel insurance: Many travel insurance plans provide coverage for trip cancellations, interruptions, or delays due to unforeseen events such as illness, natural disasters, or political unrest. It is important to read the terms and conditions of the policy to ensure that it provides coverage for your specific situation.
            2. Consider purchasing a credit card with travel protection: Some credit cards offer travel protection benefits such as trip cancellation or interruption insurance, baggage delay or loss coverage, and emergency travel assistance services. Again, it is important to review the terms and conditions of the credit card's benefits to determine if they meet your needs.
            3. Book with an airline that offers flexible booking policies: Some airlines are currently offering more flexible booking policies that allow for changes or cancellations without penalty fees. For example, Delta Air Lines is offering fee-free changes and cancellations for flights booked through March 30, 2022. It is important to check with the airline to determine their current policies before booking.
            4. Consider booking through a travel agent: Travel agents may be able to provide additional protection and assistance in the event of cancellations or changes to your travel plans. They may also have access to discounted fares or exclusive offers that can save you money.

Overall, it is important to be prepared and informed when booking airline tickets during times of uncertainty. By considering these options, you can help ensure that you have the protection and flexibility you need to adjust your travel plans as needed.

Comment

Maybe, I'm late with the answer, but I hope it'll be helpful. It's always a good idea to be prepared with the right credit card or insurance coverage to protect your travel investment.
              Last edited by IsmaelAddis; 04-26-2023, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jamessdonald View Post

Hey There,

There are several options available to provide protection for airline ticket purchases during times of uncertainty such as those caused by Covid-19 and the Ukraine crisis. Here are some suggestions:
                1. Purchase travel insurance: Many travel insurance plans provide coverage for trip cancellations, interruptions, or delays due to unforeseen events such as illness, natural disasters, or political unrest. It is important to read the terms and conditions of the policy to ensure that it provides coverage for your specific situation.
                2. Consider purchasing a credit card with travel protection: Some credit cards offer travel protection benefits such as trip cancellation or interruption insurance, baggage delay or loss coverage, and emergency travel assistance services. Again, it is important to review the terms and conditions of the credit card's benefits to determine if they meet your needs.
                3. Book with an airline that offers flexible booking policies: Some airlines are currently offering more flexible booking policies that allow for changes or cancellations without penalty fees. For example, Delta Air Lines is offering fee-free changes and cancellations for flights booked through March 30, 2022. It is important to check with the airline to determine their current policies before booking.
                4. Consider booking through a travel agent: Travel agents may be able to provide additional protection and assistance in the event of cancellations or changes to your travel plans. They may also have access to discounted fares or exclusive offers that can save you money.

Overall, it is important to be prepared and informed when booking airline tickets during times of uncertainty. By considering these options, you can help ensure that you have the protection and flexibility you need to adjust your travel plans as needed.
                Hi, I'm trying to book my travel insurance which covers 30,000 euros health coverage and all medical expenses. During booking, fees is relatively high and it seems it shouldn't be as much. Is there any feecheckers service that shows all fees comparison of different platforms? Anyone has experience of it?

Comment

Blake143 If you need insurance that meets the 30,000 euro requirement for the Schengen Visa, you may purchase insurance from the Schengen Visa Insurance section of our website. These plans are primarily designed to cover you medically while traveling abroad.

If you are a US resident, and would like to also like to insure your non-refundable, pre-paid trip expenses in the event you must cancel your trip, then you may view our travel insurance plans. Many of these plans can also meet the Schengen Visa Insurance requirement. If you have any additional questions or need further help, please contact our office at 1-(866) INSUBUY 467-8289.
                  Thanks & Regards
                  Insubuy
                  Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
                  Local: (972) 985-4400
                  Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

You may consider purchasing Travel Insurance to insure your pre-paid, non-refundable travel expenses in the event you are unable to travel due to a covered reason listed in the policy such as an illness, work related reasons, or inclement weather.

The reasons you can file a claim can vary depending on the plan that you purchase. Depending on when you choose to purchase travel insurance, you may be able to have additional benefits such as cancel for any reason. Which will allow you to cancel your trip for any reason that is normally not listed in the policy.

You may view the travel insurance options on our website, or contact our office at 1 (866) INSUBUY 467-8289, and have a licensed agent go over your options with you.
                    Thanks & Regards
                    Insubuy
                    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
                    Local: (972) 985-4400
                    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X