Approved I-140 but may be withdrawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved I-140 but may be withdrawn

Hello, I am an academic professional and I recently applied for I-140 in the EB1 category. I hired an attorney outside the university setting to file my case which was approved within a week. After approval I came to know from the university attorneys that hiring outside attorneys is not permissible in my academic setting. I had no knowledge of this rule and now my approved I-140 may be withdrawn by the University attorneys. Even though everything was legitimate and my department agreed to hire an outside lawyer but because of lack of information my application may be withdrawn. I was wondering if anyone has any advise that could save my approved I-140 and help me proceed to filing I-485.

Thanks in advance.

EB1

You said your department is agreed to hire outside attorney. So take a letter from your department and show to the University attorney.

They can't withdraw and approved I-140, ask your department head to intervin not to revoke your I-140. Take this issue to the University/or your department Director/Registrar.
    If you keep quite, the attorney's may feel you bypass them did your self.
    The department should inform you how to process, and whom to contact.
    Fight for it.

Comment

Ebi

Originally posted by eb1 View Post
      Hello, I am an academic professional and I recently applied for I-140 in the EB1 category. I hired an attorney outside the university setting to file my case which was approved within a week. After approval I came to know from the university attorneys that hiring outside attorneys is not permissible in my academic setting. I had no knowledge of this rule and now my approved I-140 may be withdrawn by the University attorneys. Even though everything was legitimate and my department agreed to hire an outside lawyer but because of lack of information my application may be withdrawn. I was wondering if anyone has any advise that could save my approved I-140 and help me proceed to filing I-485.

Thanks in advance.

EB1
      Hi EB1,
      Can I get some information regarding to the lawyer, I am trying to file for I140 but not know what lawyer is good, your appeared to be good.
      Thanks in advance. my id is [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by zoom123 View Post
        You said your department is agreed to hire outside attorney. So take a letter from your department and show to the University attorney.

They can't withdraw and approved I-140, ask your department head to intervin not to revoke your I-140. Take this issue to the University/or your department Director/Registrar.
        If you keep quite, the attorney's may feel you bypass them did your self.
        The department should inform you how to process, and whom to contact.
        Fight for it.
        Thank you for your response. The issue has been resolved and I have been allowed to proceed to file I-485.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X