Approved I140 - Suggestion on change of employment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved I140 - Suggestion on change of employment

Hello folks, Thought of asking a suggestion from this community about my situation.

I am on 8th year of my H1b
    Filed GC in EB3 with priority date in 2010
    Currently have approved I140
    I work for one of the big employer

I know with EB3 my GC process is not gonna move forward anytime soon. Recently I got an offer from another company. They are not very big as my current employer, but looks like they are not doing that bad as well. They offered me a significant increase in salary and my current employer is ready to match it. So, salary wise I am happy for now (and possibly for another few years) either with current or new employer. The issue here is EB3 vs EB2. The other company said, they are ready to restart my GC process from the beginning and put me in EB2 category (without loosing my current PD). That's very tempting. On the other hand, I know for sure my current employer and job/project is very stable and it can easily go for years without worrying about any layoffs (at least in my current project). The other company could be very attractive initially, but if something goes wrong in another 3 or 4 years, then I am back to square 1 in finding another employer who is ready to sponsor my GC immediately. If I join the new employer and if EB2 PD starts moving forward very fast (just like what happened last year), then I could get lucky in filing my I485 as well and eventually get GC soon.

This is my situation. Any one has any suggestion/advice for me?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X