140 not approved yet, Transferring my H1b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 140 not approved yet, Transferring my H1b

I wanted to get some suggestions on my H1B transfer situation.
    I am currently employed with Employer A who have already filed my I140. We were expecting the I140 last month ( based on the USCIS processing times of 4 months in Eb2 category), but for some reason the result is delayed by about 15 days.
    I have another job offer from Employer B who have already initiated my transfer process with premium processing. If everything goes well, I will have my result of H1B transfer by Dec 20, 2014.

I have these questions:

1. Is there any advantage in getting my I140 approved before I join Employer B? Employer B will also be filing for my green Card in future. Will an Approved I140 from Employer B reduce the timelines when filing the green card with Employer B?
    2. In case I submit my resignation with employer A to join my employer B, and my i140 is approved after I leave employer A, can I still use the priority date from my current processing?
    3. If I join Employer B without waiting for I140 to be approved and assuming that it never gets approved ( or I never get to know what happened with it as I would already be gone), can I still port my priority date when I file my green card with the new employer?

I need to understand what the requirements for porting the priority date to the new green card application by my new employer?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X