Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eta 9089 - i-140 (eb2) - i-485

Hello Fellows PRians,

I am new to this and though, I read various threads and tried to understand it. I am unable to and so I will explain what path my employer is taking and then will have questions that I hope with your help I will be able to understand the whole procedure!

My employer filed for ETA 9089 with DoL in May 2015. This got just approved in Dec. 2015. Now my employer will be filing for I-140 under EB-2B category and have informed me that it will take 4-6 months. After the I-140 is approved then I can apply for I-485. But to apply for I-485, I have to check the priority date on visa bulletin and when my date of May 2015 is current then I will apply for the I-485.

I looked at the visa bulletin of past few years and I am unable to understand one thing, when do I get to apply? As for my category as of now only those can apply for I-485 who had their ETAs approved in July of 2007. When can one anticipate to submit I-485 with May 2015 date? Though, it is too early to worry as I have yet to get the I-140 approved and that will take few months. I also read that most of the people go for premium processing for I-140 under EB-2B. Is there a particular reason for premium processing when at the end I-485 has to wait till the date become current?

Please help me understand this very complex process.

Thanks,

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X