Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 approved and in India, need to know the options

Hello Friends/experts, Need advice

I 140 approved and in India, need to know the options.

I used to work in USA till April 2017. Till that time my 6 years got completed on h1b visa. Then I came back to India. My employer in USA worked on my perm and other stuff and it got approved in December 2017. They have my approved I 140 and I have a copy of that. I want to know what can be done if I want to go back to USA? My employer told me that due to current administrations they don?t want to take the risk and they are not looking for any opportunity for me so they have not yet applied for my H1b extension as without job letter/client letter it cannot be done
    It will be really helpful if someone can guide me, what options are available for me if I want to come back to USA?

Thanks,
    Pushpak.

Two options:
    1. Go through the lottery again and get H1.
    2. If you have time left from your previous H1, and it has been active within the past 6 yrs., you can file for its extension on the basis of your approved H1.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

I am in a similar situation but was told that I can file for H1B either by the same company or new company. I am also not quite sure on the next steps.

Originally posted by Pushpak1213 View Post
      Hello Friends/experts, Need advice

I 140 approved and in India, need to know the options.

I used to work in USA till April 2017. Till that time my 6 years got completed on h1b visa. Then I came back to India. My employer in USA worked on my perm and other stuff and it got approved in December 2017. They have my approved I 140 and I have a copy of that. I want to know what can be done if I want to go back to USA? My employer told me that due to current administrations they don?t want to take the risk and they are not looking for any opportunity for me so they have not yet applied for my H1b extension as without job letter/client letter it cannot be done
      It will be really helpful if someone can guide me, what options are available for me if I want to come back to USA?

Thanks,
      Pushpak.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X