to DMX17 again. I hope you understand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to DMX17 again. I hope you understand

I understand that i'm not done with I-485 and even I-140.
    Here's the the issue in generale:
    I'm so pissed of with my lowyer and with every thing araund me.exuse my language ,but i'm so tired.I have been waiting more than 7 years for the papers(8 years i didn't see my family).And I decide to come back to my country for ever after 6 months.That's why i want to make sure if I-140 and I-485 are coming to gether or at least with a short periode between them.(doesn't matter the decision ).If the period between I-140 approval and I-485 approval is going to be too long Iwill not wait no more.I will go back
    Here' my generale process:
    PD is curent (may 2006)
    March2007 I receive labor certificate
    July 27 2007 I filed I-765 ,I-140 and I-485 concurently (visa was available in july visa number)
    October 18 2008 I got my finger print done.
    I have been waiting more than 180 days with no decision yet for I-140 and I-485,so I'm worry now that I have to wait untill my I-140 is done and after that I have to wait also more than 180 more days for the I-485.And the problem that USCIS has been making delay for all applicants because of significant number of applications in july and august2007(relative and worker petitions 9 to 10 months).I'm sorry a bout my long story.It's too complicate.
    Last edited by zidan; 04-08-2008, 12:37 AM.

I am not able to understand what is stopping your travel abroad? AP allows travel on a pending I485. The lawyer can only do little if USCIS is not approving your I140.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Zidan,

Take it easy bro/sis. You have the proper travel document (the AP). Go take a break from whatever you are doing here in the U.S. Go home, spend some time with your family, and re-enter the U.S. whenever using the AP. Make your employer aware of your duration of vacation.

From what I can see, you are way better off than many people as far as your PD being current and you have the right document you can travel with. You don't need to be here in the U.S. when you I-140 is approved.

And please, reply here in the same thread. No need to create a new one with my ID on it every time you have something to say. I visit this forum at least 10 times day.
      Last edited by DMX17; 04-08-2008, 10:14 AM.
      Check out H1 FAQs first!
      http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

The problem is i can not file for AP because i didn't come on H1b .I came on a visitor visa.Travelling abroad in this situation will be a risk.
        When,i came here,my employer who needs my work experience (Auto electrician),sponsored me and file for me for labor certificate. After that (july 2007) ,he file for me for I-765\I-140\I-485.He's trying his best with me.the problem is with the birocratie of the USCIS processing time and the lowyer.
        If i was on H1b,every thing will be ok ,because i will apply for AP
        My lowyer said as my PD is curent don't worry ,you may get the I-140 and the I-485 approved to gether.

Comment

Anyone who has a pending 485 can apply for Parole unless you overstayed your visitor visa and are afraid that you will not be allowed back into US.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Just curious..

What category you got your Labor approved?

EB-3 Other workers?
            Check out H1 FAQs first!
            http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

txh1b

Yes i overstayed my visitor visa which expired a long time ago.
              My lower told me :You can apply for AP but ,it's a risk to travel and come back .They will may not let me enter USA again. I wish i can trvel and come back.
              There will not be any problem or stress.Now my problem is with processing time of I-140 and especially I-485 because of long process of routine security check.
              I have no problem with FBI in my background,but I'm worry because of expiring visa.
              Last edited by zidan; 04-08-2008, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Dmx17

Iam in EB3(skilled worker not other worker nether unskilled worker).
                I got I-140 and I-485 receipts notices in 19 sepember2007
                Finguer print was done in 18 october2007.
                I have 200 days still waiting.
                USCIS online page shows processing time frame has been changing from 6 months or less to 9-10 months for emploment based and 10-12 months for family based and 13-15 months for N400.
                I don't trust what they say because of long process for routine security check.
                Last edited by zidan; 04-08-2008, 05:53 PM.

Comment

You have no other option but to wait till the decision. I am not sure about your specific case details but overstay of a visit visa and applying for greencard in the employment category may not yield positive results. If I were you, I would not keep many hopes on that.

Again, I am not a lawyer. Your lawyer should be able to give you better information about your case.

Comment

After you make the finger prints, Do you receive the work authorization card?

Comment

some people got it even before finguer print is done.you have to apply for I-765(EAD) when your I-485 is pending.did you?
                      what type is your visa?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X