Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how big the company should be for applying GC

Hi ,

I am a H1-B holder. The company that holds my H1 is a small company with three employee's only.
    Can my employer file the GC for me?
    What the impacts of filing GC with a small company.

Any help is appreciated
    Thanks

LA

The size does not matter. However, profitability and ability to pay you the prewailing wages, tax returns, money on balance sheet etc matter.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

minimum business turn over

Thank you very much for your information.
      Is there any minimum amount of turn over or business that the company should meet the requirement to start green card processing.

I appreciate your help.

Comment

There is no specific number as such. They should have money to sustain from a VC or a product that is profitable to pay all it's employees and the prevailing wage for the GC sponsoring employee for the I140 to be approved.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply.
          Recently I transfered my H1 from a big company to a small company ( my friend owns it). my H1 six years term will be over by 2011 Sep. Before transferring my H1 to the small company which has three employees I am not aware of the green card processing. Now I came to know from friends that it would be very hard to get Green card from a small company. So I am really frustrating and planning to transfer my H1 again to another company. You reply gave me a kind of peace. IS there any problem in future is I transfer my H1 again. 2nd transfer in a span of three years.

Comment

There should not be a problem to transfer your H1b again. But, a 3 person company, is little bit of a stretch for the GC. It is possible but if I were you, I would not risk it and rather be with a bigger company.

Is it a startup company that develops a product with VC funding and likes or is it a consulting company? The former is better than the latter in terms of GC.

Comment

Its a consulting company only.
              started 2 years ago and now including me it has three employees only.

Comment

Originally posted by lakshmiAslaesh
                Its a consulting company only.
                started 2 years ago and now including me it has three employees only.
                Better find a good reputed company for your GC. Many shady consulting companies, in their own interest try to show low income/loss on the tax returns etc. This will come back and bite you.

Comment

Thank you very much. I will search for a reputed company.
                  My 6 yrs term will expire by 2011 Sep. How soon do I have to react to transfer my H1 .I need at least get Labour approval. which in turn helps me to get one year extensions after the 6 years term.

I appreciate your help.

Comment

Consider a prep time of 3 months before the labor is filed by the company. So you need to allow atleast 1.5 years before the 6 th year gets done to be comfortable and get the labor filed, the earlier, the better. Calculate accordingly and start looking.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X