Need suggesion about changing employer eventhough 140 has been approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggesion about changing employer eventhough 140 has been approved

I am still working with my current employer who had applied my GC. This is progress on my Green Card :

I have checked about I-140 application status thru USCIS website & its saying I-140 had been approved on Feb-15-2008 ( See below details from USCIS “On February 15, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.” ), but I did not received confirmation letter from USCIS. I guess, my employer might have received that confirmation letter. I don’t want to check with him about that letter, because he might think I am planning for leaving company. What do you suggest on this one …

Last year, I have got my EAD/AP also while my GC was in progress.

Now, my question is that ..Is that OK if I change the current employer or I have to work with them atleast 6 months since 1-140 approved date. ????. Please advise me.

I will appreciate if anybody will reply on this …

Regards,
    Your Buddy.

No issues, you can switch employers now. The requirement is 6 months after 485 filing not I140 approval.

It is always a good thing to have a copy of I140 approval notice that captures your PD for future use and sending AC21 request to USCIS.

May be quote a visa stamping and get a copy of I140 approval?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you very much for advise. What is best way to ask my company ABC to send copy of 140 ..I am guessing, my company might ask why do you need copy of I-140.

What reason I need to tell to my current company saying that I need I-140 copy. Could you please advise me
      Last edited by rvenkat; 05-21-2008, 11:51 AM.

Comment

My I-140 is pending for more than 180 days. Is it safe to transfer my H1 at this stage if my current employer will not revoke my I-140 and respond to RFE's?

Comment

Your call. No issues from USCIS.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X