Immigration Visa Number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Visa Number?

Hi in Biographical Information(for I-140) there is line asking for Immigration Visa Number, what is it and where can I find it?

Thanks a lot,
    Dasa

You don't have it. Leave it blank.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Surrendered Green Card

Greatings,

While in the the Military In 1971, we received orders to the U.S., my wife was issued a Green Card and we stayed in the U.S. for 5 years. In 1976, we received orders to Japan, and retired there in 1985. We entered the U.S. in 1989 & 1990. In 1990 we entered the U.S. via Hawaii and were stopped by Emigration service, held for 5 hours, and had to surrender the Green Card. The Emigration officer told us that we could not have have a Green Card living over seas. Can a new card be issued and how hard will it be?

J. Kozerski
      Last edited by jkozerski; 09-16-2005, 09:36 PM.

Comment

j kozerski

Under what category did your wife get the green card initially (family,job,
        others)? What are your
        wife's and your nationalities and who ordered you to US and to Japan? Did one of you work for the US military?
        Last edited by taco; 09-16-2005, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by taco
          Under what category did your wife get the green card initially (family,job,
          others)? What are your
          wife's and your nationalities and who ordered you to US and to Japan? Did one of you work for the US military?
          Hello Taco,
          Family(I was Active Duty Military) Wife is Japanese and I'm American. Under Military orders to the U.S. in 1971 and back to Japan in 1976.

Rgs, Joe

Comment

Should not be a problem since you are a US citizen. I guess you will have
            to refile for the immigrant visa for your spouse since it has been a real long
            time since her green card expired. Since you live in Japan
            you should be able to file direct at the US consulate in Japan and the visa
            should take 4-6 months.
            (Ask your consulate about the procedure and do mention that this is a refiling.) > Here is the link to the embassy;

Comment

Originally posted by taco
              Should not be a problem since you are a US citizen. I guess you will have
              to refile for the immigrant visa for your spouse since it has been a real long
              time since her green card expired. Since you live in Japan
              you should be able to file direct at the US consulate in Japan and the visa
              should take 4-6 months.
              (Ask your consulate about the procedure and do mention that this is a refiling.) > Here is the link to the embassy;
              http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/visa/tvisa-ivgeneral.html

Thanks for the very good information

Joe

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X