Can I use CP Instead of I-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use CP Instead of I-485

I am filling my I-140. With new law we can file I-140 and i-485 simulteneously. Instead of I-485 can I opt for CP so that I can get GC faster?

Can I use CP Instead of I-485

Not legal Advice;

Yes you can. You must indicate on the I-140 that you will be doing CP as well as the Consualte you will be doing it at.

When the I-140 is approved you the INS should forward it to the State Department who will start your Visa Processing.

Comment

I am also looking for the answer for the same question. And Thanks for the Reply on it. Would it be possible for us to go for I-140 and CP simulteneously ( instead of I-140 and i-485 simulteneously ). Thanks a Lot.

Comment

Re: Can I use CP Instead of I-485

Not legal Advice:

>Would it be possible for us to go for I-140 and CP
        >simulteneously ( instead of I-140 and i-485 simulteneously )

No. In order to do CP the INS must forward your APPROVED I-140 petition to the National Visa Center. The State Dept will not act until it recieves this. You apply for both the I-140 and the I-485 through the INS so the INS can allow you have both going at the same time.

However you apply for your Visa through the State Department which is a totally seperate agency. The INS can barely coordinate with itself (ehich is why it took so long to concurrent processing underway). It could never be expected to coordinate with another, seperate, agency.

Comment

Re: Re: Can I use CP Instead of I-485

Thanks a lot.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X